Goodtalk is a cross between TV and texting. Use Goodtalk to broadcast text message conversations to an audience – similar to a conversation on TV or on stage, but using text messages instead. The audience can be a "fly on the wall", react to individual messages and submit comments & questions for screening— but they can’t interrupt the conversation. You can use Goodtalk with your native text app (iMessage/ Android Messenger) or download our native iOS or Android apps.
Check this Goodtalk between NFL players, discussing the 2019 Super Bowl in real time: https://goodtalk.app/talk/z3j1zv
Why work at Goodtalk?
(Comunicación en Inglés es preferida, pero no obligatoria – Si puedes entender bien, es suficiente!)
You will be part of a team of engineers and designers working on https://goodtalk.app and its mobile apps.
You will be our lead backend engineer, and your focus will be system design and implementation. Our challenges include creating server applications that can support thousands of concurrent clients: Do you have what it takes?
You will also con contribute across all our stack (Backend: Node/Express, Clients: React Native and React JS, ideally TypeScript), architecting and implementing our services and mentoring junior peers.
Our engineering team works from our office in Santiago or remotely, and collaborates using GitHub, Slack, and Hangouts, so you have to feel comfortable with these tools.
- Engineering meetings are in Spanish, the rest of the organization speaks English: Understanding English is important, but you don't need to speak it perfectly.
- 4-8 years of proven experience building consumer systems – No degree required.
- Strong experience writing complex API-driven applications. Experience developing Front End applications (web, mobile) is desirable.
- Experience profiling server performance and database operations, identifying and solving issues.
- You want to work with the latest technologies and practices (React, RN, Node, TypeScript, Docker, AWS, etc).
- Experience contributing to GitHub team projects, driving quality through great reviews.
- Self-starter, self-learner and quick to ask when blocked. You'll be the owner of a set of challenging projects, which you will drive from start to end… But asking for help is highly encouraged: You'll be working with very experienced engineers.
- AWS Elastic Cluster via Dockerized applications.
- WebSockets and similar technologies.
- Cache: MemCache/Redis. Messaging: Pub/Sub, RabbitMQ.
- NoSQL & SQL: MongoDB (using Mongoose) and Postgres.
- API web frameworks, ideally Node/Express.
- React Native and React Web.
- Expo for continuous released for Mobile Clients.
- Test Driven Development.
- Collaborative code ownership.
- Github contribution, great at reviewing Pull Requests.