We're a company of bright and inspired individuals who want to change the world by using the science of the microbiome to enhance human health. Our mission is to enhance our collective understanding of the human microbiome by giving people the power to learn more about their bodies, and take steps to live better and healthier lives. Launched in 2012 after a highly successful citizen science crowd-funding campaign, uBiome is now funded by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, 8VC, and other leading investors.
We're looking for a Research Associate to join our research team in Chile.
As a Research Associate, you will be involved in the planning, designing and development of cutting edge microbiome-related research. Also, you will be involved in generating and testing new and existing customer facing applications. You will have an outstanding opportunity to be part of an international startup company with offices in Santiago and San Francisco.
You will be given important projects, and need to be able to do it in a deadline driven environment with supervision. We need our Research Associates to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems as we continue to push science and technology to increase our understanding of the human microbiome.
- BSc and/or MSc degree in natural sciences with experience in Molecular Biology and Microbiology.
- Professional Degree (e.g. Biochemist, Biotechnology Engineer) in natural sciences. Thesis must be completed.
- Expertise in PCR, real time PCR.
- Intermediate English (spoken and written) - you can communicate both professionally and socially in English
- You should be able to start working immediately.
Desired Qualifications and Capabilities
- Experience in Microbiome and/or Biochemistry (protein purification, assay development).
Applicants should submit:
- Certificate of Professional Degree
- One page letter explaining your interest in joining uBiome´s research lab team.
You are passionate about your craft and want to be surrounded by like-minded individuals.
You collaborate well with others but are excited to own a big feature.
You have a positive attitude that exudes from all aspects of your work and demeanor.
You can communicate both professionally and socially in English.
You have excellent time management and organizational skills, with an impeccable ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
You have the ability to solve problems.
You are very compromised with the team research work.
You have the ability to develop high-level research and work in a highly demanding, multidisciplinary and innovative team.
- Team workouts, events, and happy hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Meaningful equity.
- The opportunity of professional development with a recognized multidisciplinary research team.
- We believe that good employees are comfortable employees, so we have snacks and you do not need to dress up or log your hours.
Acerca de uBiome
Our mission is to use big data to understand the human microbiome by giving users the power to learn about their bodies, perform experiments, and see how current research studies apply to them. — Perfil completo de uBiome