React Developer (Senior) in Wheel the World
Closed job - No longer receiving applicants
More open jobs from Wheel the World
Wheel the World is a venture-backed startup with the purpose of making the world accessible. By building a cutting-edge model of accessibility data, which extracts, organizes, and displays at www.gowheeltheworld.com, we allow people with disabilities to find and book accessible travel experiences including hotels, tours, and activities with accessibility information they need in the most amazing destinations of the world.
Our commitment is to provide detailed and accurate accessibility data of travel products and services, so we can allow millions of travelers with disabilities to explore thousands of places around the world.
Your mission will be to lead the front-end development of a renewed gowheeltheworld.com experience, working closely with the Head of Engineering and a growing team en Engineering and implementing best practices of front-end development. At WTW, we want to delight people when using gowheeltheworld.com, and you will be the one making this happen.
- QA of front-end code (design accuracy; responsiveness to viewport; responsiveness to content; components behavior; performance and 3rd party technology integration)
- Work closely with the design team and help implement the best UX practices
- Take full advantage and best practices from external contributors
- Main Wheel the World website and blog development
- WTW’s Accessibility Mapping System development
- WTW’s Partner Collaboration System development
Qualifications and requirements
You will be expected to propose ideas, as well as to be open to other’s perspectives, and whichever the situation, to deploy new products and features rapidly.
All Wheel the World employees are expected to speak English fluently.
Personality and Motivation
- You believe in our mission
- You are result-driven and resourceful
- You are autonomous and need minimum guidance, and yet you are able to follow instructions and open-minded when being mentored
- You want to experience a typical Silicon Valley startup way of working
Required Technical skills
- 3+ years experience with ReactJS
- Experience in Agile Methodologies
- Working knowledge with Typescript
- Working knowledge with NodeJs
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform products is considered an asset (App Engine, Firebase, Cloud Functions, etc.)
Besides all the benefits of working at an Impact Company with a Silicon Valley culture and a Global vision, it is important to mention that every time we open new destinations, you will be able to travel with the team and help PwD to explore the world.
Remote work policy
Temporarily remote during COVID-19
Position is remote only during COVID-19-related quarantine measures.