Site Reliability Engineer in Cabify
Closed job - No longer receiving applicants
This job already got lots of applicants. Coach Pro gives you real-time alerts so you are the first to apply to the job you want.
Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that's what we're doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we've still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Our Product & Engineering teams include an eclectic bunch of awesome and diverse people from different backgrounds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries.
Right now, we have more than 20 million users around the world. We work across 8 countries and 90 cities, adapting our product fast to be leaders in all of those markets and taking care about sustainability. We're working on some pretty greenfield projects with a solid set of product ideas lined up.
You will be:
- Evolving our platform by designing and building first-class, self-service components that will be used by engineering teams and millions of users around the world.
- Designing and implementing tooling to improve the availability, scalability, observability, and latency of our services, which are used by internal customers to deploy and operate their services.
- Defining and iterating on SLIs, SLOs, and SLAs as part of the services lifecycle.
- Increasing reliability awareness with other teams, helping with the adoption of reliability principles and reviewing observability implementations or software architectures.
- Sharing an on-call schedule for the services you own.
- Solving problems in our highly available platform together with other teams, then building automations to prevent incidents from happening again.
- Participating in our recruiting process to enable our engineering team to grow and scale.
Qualifications and requirements
- Think Unix, you know the networking stack, the OSI model, containers (and schedulers), and you know your way around monitoring, logging and the CAP theorem (bonus!).
- Have strong programming skills at least in one language, and know your way around a few more, or can learn them if the need arises.
- Automate yourself out of everything by nature, making machines do the toil.
- Communicate effectively and asynchronously.
- Care about what matters for the company, your team, and yourself.
- Embrace diversity and humbleness (and a pinch of trolling).
- Prefer taking iterative action over waiting for things to happen all at once or to be perfect.
- Strongly favor simplicity over complexity.
- Have a sense for identifying, exploiting, and elevating bottlenecks.
- Are not afraid of expressing yourself in English. We aren't expecting you to have the Queen's accent, but you'll be part of an international team and we communicate in English, so you should be comfortable with that.
- Enjoy herding cats and shaving yaks.
Projects you could work on:
- Migrate our production workloads to Kubernetes on different cloud providers smoothly and transparently to the end users.
- Iterate our networking layer to implement network policies, service mesh, and more.
- Review our time-series monitoring platform (Prometheus) and explore long-term retention solutions (Cortex) and distributed tracing with the goal of providing a first-class observability service to all engineering teams.
- Scale our ever-growing logging platform (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana on Kubernetes) to keep up with the business demands while at the same time keeping cost at bay.
- Evolve our deployment system to adapt to the increasing scale of Cabify, empowering all engineering teams to easily take their services from idea to production.
What’s it like to work at Cabify?
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people, and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family:
- Excellent Salary conditions: Senior: €45K-65K€, Principal: €55k-85k€.
- All the gear you need.
- Very competitive stock option plan. At Cabify, we strongly believe highly committed, vision-aligned key roles must be long-term invested in the company's success, thus a significant portion of the compensation of roles such as this one goes in the form of stock options.
- Recharge day: Every 3rd Friday monthly OFF!
- Flexible work environment and hours. We care about the value you deliver, not how many hours you work. In fact, you shouldn’t work too much: your well-being matters to us.
- Regular team events.
- Cabify staff free rides.
- Personal development programs based on our career paths
- Annual budget for training.
- We offer fully remote working conditions, or relocation packages to those coming from other countries.
Remote work policy
Candidates can reside anywhere in the world.