As a Kafka Administrator, you will be responsible for assisting with the design, architecture, implementation, and on-going support of Kafka solutions OnPrem and in Cloud environment.
You'll oversee practices and processes to ensure integrity, safety and availability of all data and applications as part of an organisation's information systems. You'll make sure that the processes needed for a business to function and succeed are running smoothly, acting as a technical point (in the middleware infrastructure vision) of contact to fix application and systems issues - usually on an immediate basis.
- 1+ years of solid Kafka Admin experience in managing critical 24/7 applications (mandatory)
- Design, build, assemble, and configure application or technical architecture components using business requirements (mandatory)
- Experience in Kafka build pipelines, Cloud formation templates, shells etc.
- Experience in Jenkins, GitHub
- Experience in implementing security & authorization (permission based) on Kafka cluster.
- Experience in open source Kafka, zookeepers, Kafka connect, schema registry Avro schemas.
- High availability cluster setup, maintenance and ongoing support (mandatory)
- Create topics, setup redundancy cluster, deploy monitoring tools, alerts Has good knowledge of best practices (mandatory)
- Exposure to Kafka APIs
- Hands on experience in standing up and administrating Kafka platform which includes creating a backup & mirroring of Kafka Cluster brokers, broker sizing, topic sizing, h/w sizing, performance monitoring, broker security, topic security, consumer/producer access management(ACL)
- Knowledge of Kafka API (development experience is a plus)
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to production support staff.
- Involvement with grouping/clustering and high volume systems.
- Handle all Kafka environment builds, including design, capacity planning, cluster setup, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
- Manage large scale multi-nodes cluster environments
- Perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for the Kafka cluster (mandatory)
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Proven track record of sound, effective decision making.
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Must be able to communicate technical information clearly, able to ‘translate’ between diverse groups of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and present recommendations to a vast array of individuals.
- Partner with business units in order to improve the effectiveness of business decisions.
- Ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior leadership and drive alignment and decision making.