The SOC at Client is built of the most advanced and recent cyber technologies. The SOC team leader will have a split of duties with technical and managerial activities.
As part as the technical activities, the main responsibilities are :
•Perform threat hunting by searching our existing infrastructure for signs of malware and malicious events not detected by our existing security controls.
•Perform SOC piquet duties.
•Be deeply involved in the evaluation and implementation of new cybersecurity technologies.
•Deploy and improve industry leading technology tools and solutions to enhance the security posture for Client keeping them up-to-date and use their full potential.
•Develop a strong working relationship with key business and technical partners to ensure cross-organization, co-operation and business support.
•Build new detection rules and tune existing rules to have the most accurate monitoring system and avoid triage fatigue with false positive events.
•Provide technical expertise regarding the protection of company information, systems, networks, and applications plus assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
•Help to develop, implement, and maintain SOC policies, processes and procedures.
As part as the managerial activities, the main responsibilities are :
•Coordinate, supervise and guide daily activities of the Chilian SOC team
•Continuously review processes and way of working to improve accuracy and effectiveness of the Chilian SOC deliveries, for both operations and projects activities.
•Act as the single point of contact for all cyber security inquiries in Americas
•Accountable for the results of the Chilian SOC team
•Work in close collaboration with the SOC manager on the global organization and processes.
•Support the SOC manager on global tasks and projects, and be the SOC manager deputy
•Set priorities and manage Chilian resources planning to ensure tasks completion
• Experience in a similar environment (SOC, CERT, CSIRT) including Monitoring, Deception mechanism, Hunting and Incident response including Investigation and Forensic (minimum 4 years).
• Experience in leading a team of security analysts or equivalent
• Bachelor degree in Cyber security or equivalent.
• Practical experience with security technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, anti-malware, web filtering, vulnerability scanning and endpoint detection and response tools.
•Hands-on experience in investigating and responding to common types of cyber attacks.
•Strong understanding of enterprise IT, including networking infrastructure, operating systems, cloud and SaaS services, systems administration, data centers and software applications.
•Good communications skills to effectively summarize and present findings.
•Very good knowledge of English both written and spoken, other languages are an asset.
• Ability to engender positive and reliable work attitude when confronting with high pressure business situations.
JOIN US !
•Our success comes from our highly skilled and talented employees
• Respectful entrepreneurship and long-term vision are key for success
• Our people contribute to a more secure world
• Diversity at all levels of an organization is a strength
We offer an exciting and challenging role, with great potential for personal development within a unique organization in a fascinating and fast-growing industry. Your file will be handled with upmost confidentiality and discretion.
This job takes place some days from home and others at the office in Santiago (Chile).