Here at Genius Sports we are expanding and creating a very strong development team to face all the technological challenges we have. I am looking for both Frontend and Backend professionals with high level to come here to Medellin, Colombia and join the team. The idea is to have people eager to learn and go beyond their skills as we are handling top level technologies.
Genius Sports provides software solutions to sports leagues and federations. This technology enables sports to capture, manage and distribute their data and statistics and is used by basketball leagues globally. Is a sports data and technology company that provides data management and integrity services to major sports leagues and organizations. The company was formed in 2016 following a merger between Betgenius, a technology and data supplier to the betting industry, and SportingPulse International, a sports data and software business, to form Genius Sports Group
You work with a variety of teams on several different projects, both client facing (with reach of millions of people) and internal websites reaching many types of device. You will be expected to learn continually and be self-driven to adopt software best practices and rise to new challenges as we continue to grow. This vacancy is a perfect match for a person who is passionate about sports, willing to take on challenges and responsibility for new projects from scratch, deliver the best quality results to our clients and to be an integral part of a focused, agile team.Soft skills
* Facilitate collaborative problem solving within the team and with other teams, you interact with.
* Strive for team consensus and win-win agreements.
* Ensure discussions, decisions and disagreements lead towards closure.
* Encourage constant improvement, self-education and a desire for learning in your team and yourself
* Assess where someone could benefit from a course or a book and encourage them to learn
* Use your 10% time to experiment and push your boundaries
* Be open to new ideas and encourage creativity
* Lead by example
* Personal time management and team time management.
Duties and responsibilities
* Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
* Analysis of requirements from internal and external customers
* Architect, design and development of new software products and components
* Producing high quality, tested and maintainable code, using the best technologies for the problem at hand
* Investigation and resolution of issues reported by internal and external customers
* Guides team in working with stakeholders and ensures that the UX development process is followed
*Experience with Node.JS is a plus
* Knowledge of software design patterns and messaging patterns
* Knowledge of and experience using build systems - Webpack, Maven, Gulp, Grunt, Gradle
* Knowledge and experience with constructing and managing build pipelines
* Knowledge and experience with repository management and artifact management and versioning - Nexus, NPM, Maven
* Exceptional CSS
* Knowledge of and experience of a CSS pre-processor, for example Sass of Less. Knowledge how to write mixins and understanding of how the compilation process works.
* Experience in unit, integration and functional testing
* Knowledge of a client side framework such as but not limited too, React or Angular
* Experienced full stack developer
* Polyglot programming
* Experience with time based measurement and counting
* Experience in client side performance monitoring