We have backed more than 2,500 companies or 5,000+ entrepreneurs in 75+ countries. Notable investments in the 500 portfolio include Credit Karma, Twilio, Canva, Grab, Bukalapak, The RealReal, Talkdesk, Udemy, and Ipsy. Because of our global network and expertise, we are in a unique position to build startups ecosystems worldwide.
Beyond providing seed capital, 500 Global supports startups via their Seed Accelerator Programs which emphasize digital marketing, customer acquisition, lean startup practices, and fundraising for pre-Seed companies. 500 Global further contributes to the development of innovation ecosystems by supporting startups and investors through educational programs, events, conferences, and partnerships with corporations and governments around the world.
We need motivated software developers who want to make the life of founders better.
This is a remote position, with co-workers on the American continent. English is a must.
● Create products and features using TypeScript, ReactJS, Next.js, relational and not relational databases. The goal is for our team to initially be full-stack, but specialization should be ok as we grow.
● Support our development of best practices, robust code and great developer infrastructure.
● Establish and encourage a culture of empathy, service and participation in our team.
● Implementing different stories for web projects, designing and writing comprehensive unit tests.
Who you are
You like writing code that gets used.
You are constantly learning and sharing that knowledge.
You know that tests, automation and best practices are important.
You enjoy working with a team.
You want to help execute our mission of uplifting people and economies with technology.
You want to continue learning and improving yourself professionally.
You want to learn more about state-of-the-art technologies.
You want to learn about best practices in software development.
● Based in Mexico
● 2+ years of work experience in software development and an affinity for Typescript and ReactJS.
● 2+ years of work experience building backend or strong knowledge about APIs.
● Highly focused and self-driven.
● Exceptional attention to detail.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (Spanish is a plus).
● Capability to learn & adapt quickly.
● Global & cultural awareness, and excited about working in a diverse environment with different types of people from around the world.
● Experience working with dev teams using Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
● Work experience in NextJS
● Work experience using (AWS, Docker, Vercel)
● Work experience using PostgreSQL and MongoDB
Benefits (people are our priority, so we want to make sure we’re taking care of them)
Unlimited PTO, plus Holidays
The opportunity to work with phenomenal people around the world!
Locally remote only
Position is 100% remote, but candidates must reside in Mexico.