A multinational technology company (mining industry) is searching for JD - SW
Engineer - Senior (Machine Guidance) for the Center of Excellence in Chile. If you are
passionate in SW, we want to talk to you.
Our client is building a new team to focus on next-generation Machine Guidance Systems and is currently looking for a full-time Senior Software Engineer with skills in the development, deployment and monitoring of highly available, highly robust services. As part of the Machine Guidance team, the SSE will work on the architecture, design and development of core components, and associated development and operations tooling, and will be discussing designs with other team members and product managers, mentoring other engineers and participating in technical reviews.
• Develop architecture and design of large-scale distributed software services and solutions.
• Keep up to date with industry trends and apply to projects as appropriate.
• Support technical services and operations teams with investigation and reproduction of customer issues.
• Drive improvements to software engineering practices.
• Promote a culture of quality and technical excellence within the development team.
• Prioritize engineering investments to balance short- and long-term goals.
• Mentor and develop other engineers.
• Promote collaboration across teams for code reuse and knowledge sharing.
• Work with the Product Owner to help set direction for the team.
Product development support
• Gain a working understanding Company business and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for customers.
• Collaborate with teams across Wenco to achieve goals.
Education & Eligibility
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience.
• Must be eligible to work in Chile at any region.
Qualifications & Skills
• 8+ years of software design and development experience with backend services.
• 8+ years hands-on experience in any Object-Oriented language such as C/C++ and C#.
• 3+ years contributing to system design and software architecture discussions.
• Demonstrated drive for continual learning.
• Experience in DevOps to maintain live services and/or application frameworks.
• Experience across the entire development lifecycle from concept to development, unit testing, automated functional testing, deployment and monitoring.
• Excellent analytical skills with systematic and structured approach to software design.
• Passion for building software that runs on edge devices, highly reliable services.
• Growth mindset with a desire to learn, a tendency to embrace challenges, persist in the face of setback, see failures as essential
to mastery, learn from criticism and find lessons and inspiration in the success of others.
• Help to create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard,
and where we do our best work as a result.
• Confident and articulate in expressing ideas to a mixed audience with varying views and challenges.
• A sense of personal ownership and accountability is required, together with the ability to develop and deliver to deadlines while
managing internal stakeholder expectations.
• Self-motivated with a strong drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress collaboratively.
Nice to Have
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English with excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
• Ability to communicate technical details clearly across organizational boundaries.
• Experience with or exposure to Agile and interactive development processes.
• Experience in embedded systems and/or mobile systems and/or resource-constrained environments.
• Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concepts and tools, specifically Terraform and Ansible.
• Experience and/or knowledge of the mining industry.
• Experience with GPS and/or CAN/J1939.
• Linux experience and familiarity with networking.
• Experience with containerization and orchestration and management tools such as Kubernetes.
• Cloud and services experience, with any of the mayor cloud vendors (Azure / GCP / AWS) is highly desirable.
This job takes place some days from home and others at the office.